Massive Sandwiches

I have re-located to New York for a couple of weeks so my posts until I’m back in blighty will be focussed around activities you can find there.

The first flowers of spring are flourishing on the trees in London... aaah how I will miss my smelly city. It brings a tear to my eye!


Today’s activity to try out after the apocalypse – eating massive sandwiches. I guess that you can re-create this anywhere, you just need bread and about £20 worth of meat from Tescos. I didn’t actually plan to do this, the procurement of said massive sandwich was purely accidental, I just thought that i had been ripped off massively by the delicatessen. You can find the Deli on times square, although i have totally forgotten the name. I guess words cannot express the size of the thing, so here it is in all its glory:

click image to enlarge

I ate half of it for my tea and half of it for my breakfast the following day. I still haven’t finished the cheesecake. I'm going to be massive by the time I leave this city!

2 comments:

wow that is a massive sandwich, you think you could get one of them back through customs for me? anna

18 March 2008 at 08:26  

I think it was Maxie's at Times Square that we went to (where I had the enormous pastrami sandwich too). It's a tourist haunt and the Americans say it's expensive, but its reliable, though the staff have a reputation for being rude. I'd recommend the diner at the Midtown hotel, opposite Madison Square Gardens (from the Empire State Building, turn left, past Macey's and its on the corner). Especially for mega breakfasts.
Bernie D.

22 March 2008 at 15:26  

Newer Post Older Post Home